LICENSED TRUCK & COACH TECHNICIAN – AFTERNOON SHIFT
Location: St. Thomas
COME GROW WITH US!
Licensed Truck & Coach Technician – St. Thomas Afternoon Shift!
Are you interested in joining “A great workplace” where you Trust the people you work for, have Pride in what you do, Enjoy the people you work with and can be a Difference Maker?
If so, get ready to take your career to the next level!!
Dowler-Karn has been serving our customers in Southwestern Ontario since 1943. As part of the McDougall Energy Inc. Group, Dowler-Karn distributes energy products (propane, Esso fuels & MOBIL lubricants) to meet the needs of a broad spectrum of customers, including residential, agriculture and commercial.
Our success is driven by an uncompromising commitment to provide the highest quality customer service to each and every customer. We recognize that our employees are our most valuable resource and offer opportunities for development for personal and career growth.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
POSITION: 310T LICENSED TRUCK & COACH TECHNICIAN – ST. THOMAS
* 2nd or 3rd term apprentices are welcome to apply! *
LOCATION: St. Thomas, Ontario
SHIFT: Full Time, Afternoon Shift
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive Salary – Wage plus shift premium
- Overtime available – paid after 44 hours
- Start with 3 weeks paid vacation
- Employer paid Health & Dental Benefits
- Employer matched RRSP
- Life and disability insurance
- Free uniforms, outerwear, and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- Opportunity to achieve career growth
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
The successful candidates will be required to perform skilled tasks in the mechanical repair and maintenance of the company vehicles and equipment. The licensed mechanic must be able to analyze, troubleshoot, dismantle, align, assemble and adjust vehicles and equipment to maintain in efficient operating condition.
- Diagnose, maintain and repair of commercial vehicles, pickup trucks and other vehicles including but not limited to engines, transmissions, cooling systems, air systems, fuel and exhaust systems, brakes and tires, metering and pumping systems, hydraulic and electrical systems.
- Clean, lubricate and perform other maintenance work.
- Perform vehicle inspections as per required guidelines.
- Operate electronic/diagnostic equipment to analyze vehicle/equipment problems and provide timely, cost-effective repairs and maintenance.
- Perform tank testing, maintenance and repairs.
- Ensure all repairs and maintenance are accurate and in accordance to required standards.
- Assist in preparing preventative and predictive maintenance schedules.
- Document work performed including daily records and maintenance reports.
- Shunting and moving equipment in and out of the truck shop facility.
- Maintain a clean work area / shop including tools and equipment.
- Maintain safe working conditions and adhere to occupational health and safety regulations.
- Participate in formal and informal training sessions.
- Other mechanical repair work as required, including small engine repairs.
The ideal candidates will have:
- Licensed mechanic (310T) preferred, but 2nd or 3rd term apprentices may be considered and are welcome to apply.
- Have 3-5 years’ experience in a similar position.
- Able to use current technology to ensure vehicle safety and performance.
- Able to interpret technical documents / manuals / regulations.
- Have a valid and current Ontario driver’s license.
- Able to work variable hours including overtime and rotating on-call duties as required.
- Clean and neat in appearance with strong customer service skills.
- Able to work independently or as part of a team.
- Welding and fabricating experience (an asset).
Hours of work may vary depending on operational requirements and assigned tasks. The afternoon shift offers a compressed workweek which includes:
- Four 12-hour shifts, including two 30-minute unpaid meal breaks.
- Shifts commence at 3:00 pm and conclude the following morning at 3:00 am.
- Weekly schedule: starts Monday afternoon and finishes Friday morning.
- At times, a Saturday morning shift will be scheduled.
Submit a resume and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference “Your Name – Licensed Truck & Coach Technician – St. Thomas Afternoon Shift” in the email subject line. Applicants are required to provide a current CVOR and driver’s abstract prior to consideration.
Confidentiality of all applicants assured. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted, and we thank all other applicants for their interest.
Dowler-Karn, A Division of McDougall Energy, is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you require any accommodations, please notify us, and we will work with you to meet your needs.