Fuel the Drive with Auto Propane
Propane is An Efficient, Affordable Fuel Solution That Makes SenseDowler-Karn makes auto propane convenient for drivers with five Propane Fueling Stations in Southwestern Ontario:
LONDON | ST THOMAS | CHATHAM-KENT | ST MARYS | WINDSOR
Whether you choose propane for your PERSONAL VEHICLE or for your COMPANY FLEET, you can count on a number of benefits from this safe and low-emission fuel option. The reasons to use propane for automobiles are numerous, with environmental and economic factors giving propane a distinct advantage over traditional and other alternative automotive fuels.
Auto propane is ideally suited for any type of vehicle fleet:
- Taxis & Shuttle Buses
- Courier Vans
- Police Cars
- School Buses & Transit Vehicles
- All High-Mileage Vehicles
High-profile companies that have already realized the benefits of propane over diesel or gasoline include Airways Transit, London Police, and UPS
Propane is a low-emission fuel, offering comparable engine performance, and is less expensive than gasoline.
Switching your car or your full fleet to propane-fueled vehicles is a sound investment that will show a positive return.
Interesting Information from the Propane Association of Canada:
- Propane’s refueling infrastructure is better than any alternative fuel in Canada
- Canada is the world’s 10th largest producer of propane
- Canadians need to invest in domestic propane now – already, about 50% of Canada’s propane is being exported
Save Money on Fuel & Maintenance
Switching to Propane can save you about 40% off your current fill-up cost
- The average price of auto propane is around 40% less than gasoline.
Propane vehicles are more cost-effective than natural gas vehicles, short term and long term
- Converting to propane is typically about half the cost of other conversions, and refuelling station installation costs are up to 95% less than other alternative fuels.
Maintenance is Easy
- Propane can extend the life of your vehicle’s engine, because it burns cleaner and creates less carbon build-up than gasoline or diesel.
See a rapid return on your investment
- Converting to propane is not expensive, but it is an expense. Vehicle owners and fleet operators can expect to recoup what they’ve spent in about a year, and will begin to see significant savings after this time.
Cleaner & Greener
Propane can significantly reduce your environmental impact, and shrink your carbon footprint
Up to 26% less lifecycle Greenhouse Gas (GHG) emissions:
- Up to 18% less CO2 when burned
- 20% less Nitrogen Oxide when burned
Propane emits fewer Criteria Air Contaminants (CAC)
- Criteria Air Contaminants are responsible for health hazards like smog and acid rain
- 98% less Particulate Matter (PM) than diesel
- 60% less Carbon Monoxide (CO) than gasoline
Even when spilled, propane does not contaminate
- Propane is non-toxic, and with no lead and negligible sulfur content, it does not contribute to acid rain
- Propane that is spilled quickly dissipates into the air and has no lasting impact on water, soil or the atmosphere