5 Winter Delivery Tips: Help Us Keep You Warm!
News & Promotions
January 9, 2017 2:25 amWe want to make sure you and your family stay warm and toasty this winter. At Dowler-Karn we are extra vigilant when it comes to winter deliveries. We will get you the fuel you need to keep you going but here are a few tips that you can follow to help us make those deliveries, and most importantly make them safely!
1. Please make sure the lane to your residence or business is plowed out. Our trucks are heavy and therefore do pretty well in snow but that weight also makes them susceptible to sliding.
2. Even though our drivers have been to your home many times it looks different under a blanket of snow! Finding edges of the driveway can be very difficult and poses a big safety risk, marking the entrance sides of the lane is a huge help.
3. Dragging a Fuel hose through a three foot snow bank can be a tiring task especially if it is the 20th time that day. Please ensure there is a clear path from your driveway to the tank location so our Drivers can fill you up.
4. If you are not on automatic delivery keep an eye on your fuel gauge! The last thing we want is for you to run out of fuel in a winter storm so please let us know if you are low so we can arrange delivery before it is too late. One tip is to set a notification on your cell phone to remind you to check the tank.
5. Make sure any trees are trimmed in so that they do not impede the truck from entering or exiting your property. For more information please see our article on tree trimming.Last but not least, enjoy the winter! Ontario is fortunate enough to experience all the seasons so build a snowman, go tobogganing, snowmobiling, or just take a brisk walk with a friend. Enjoy the snow while it lasts spring will be here soon!